3 years consulting with Circuit City Stores collaborating on development of prototype store designs for national roll out as part of an overall design and brand re-direction.
We worked closely with The Director of Visual Merchandising to manage design, fabrication and implementation of all elements of store design including departmental, point of purchase, price, special tagging, merchandise and wayfinding graphics as well as fixtures, lightbox signage, displays and interactive kiosks.
Our responsibilities included:
- Directing in-house creative ideation sessions to aid in the development of proposed designs with in-house designers and other outside collaborating consultants.
- Managing design team assignments for development of all in-store merchandising collateral,signage, fixtures, kiosks and the overall environment visuals.
- Identifying and proposing solutions to resolve issues that could impact project schedules, costs, or design integrity or brand continuity.
- Participate in the collaborative design of new fixtures and store models and interface with vendors to manage prototype development.
- Review, redline and approve all floor plan documents to ensure accurate and consistent placement of all visuals, fixtures and kiosks and establish quantities for vendor fabrication and direct shipments to stores.
- Travel to participate in implementation of store renovation projects and pre roll-out site visits to document site conditions for field reports, and punch lists.
- Coordinate with other consultants to maintain schedules and meet deadlines for presentation to department heads, production approval and installation.